One of the few promises I made myself before 2016 kicked off was to get through as many books as I could. In the past these ideas have come, but I have never stuck to them.
I have a phobia of committing to long-term plans that I come up with.
Mainly because my plans are worse than Michael J Scott’s quick-witted, yet child like, come backs.
This year, I shall make this one small change.
Hopefully come the end of the year, I will look back on this with a big grin on my face. Not too big of a grin though. I have been told that my smile can send people into chills and shivers.
I may want to sort that out as well.
* * *
1. On The Road: The Original Scroll by Jack Kerouac ✔
2. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad ✔
3. The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac ✔
4. The Book of My Lives by Aleksandar Hemon ✔
5. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts ✔
6. Ajax Penumbra 1969 by Robin Sloan ✔
7. Mr Penumbra’s 24 Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan ✔
8. N-W by Zadie Smith ✔
9. The Place of Dead Roads by William S. Burroughs ✔
10. Stoner by John Edward Williams ✔
11. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami ✔
12. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Maurakami ✔
13. Rus Like Everyone Else by Bette Adriaanse ✔
14. The Night Manager by John Le Carre ✔
15. I Believe In Miracles by Danny Taylor ✔
16. Naked Lunch by William Burroughs ✔
17. Junky by William Burroughs ✔
18. The Plague by Albert Camus ✔
19. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy ✔
20. A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James ✔
21. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts ✔
22. Foreign Soil by Maxine Beneba Clarke